- We Offer 24/7 Emergency Service
- Schedule Service
Energy Saving Tips for Winter
Like most people living in Pennsylvania, you’re probably going to be getting a lot of use out of your heating system this winter in order to keep your home safe and comfortable. Unfortunately, the more you depend on your heating system, the higher you can expect your heating costs to be. The following are a few tips to help you save energy this winter, thereby helping to keep those energy costs down:
- Use your curtains or blinds – Keep your curtains or blinds open on the windows in your home that are facing the sun during the day. This will allow as much as the sun’s heat into the house as possible, thereby allowing you to depend slightly less on your heating system. During the night, make sure to close all of your curtains or blinds to help keep your home’s heat trapped inside.
- Use your ceiling fans – Believe it or not, but your ceiling fans don’t just keep you cool during the summers, they can keep you warm during the winters. Flip the switch on the body of your ceiling fans so that the blades rotate clockwise. This will help push rising heat back down, allowing you to heat your home more evenly and effectively.
- Install a programmable thermostat – A programmable thermostat will allow you to program your desired temperature settings a week ahead of time. This means that you can set your thermostat to automatically change to the most energy efficient temperature when nobody is home (for example, when you are at work and when your kids are at school). This will help prevent you from wasting energy on heating an empty house.
- Use LED holiday lights – Instead of using traditional holiday lights, which eat up a lot of energy, invest in LED holiday lights. Not only do they use much less energy, but they will last a much longer time as well.
- Have your heating system inspected – Schedule a professional inspection of your furnace or boiler to ensure that all of its components are clean and in working condition. Parts that are worn down or dirty can affect the efficiency of your heating system. During an inspection, a professional HVAC technician will clean, repair and lubricate any parts as necessary so that your heating system will perform at its optimal level.
- Clean your ducts and registers – Make sure that your ducts and registers are free of any dust and debris. This will help ensure that heat will be able to flow freely throughout your house.
- Replace your air filters – Check your air filters every month and replace them when necessary. If they are dirty, they will block the flow of heat throughout your home, resulting in lost energy.
These are just a few tips that will help you to save energy during the upcoming winter months. To have your heating system inspected or repaired to ensure that it’s in peak working condition for the winter, be sure to contact us at Strive Heating & Cooling in Pennsylvania today.
Keith was super friendly and good about explaining everything he was doing. He was really quick and the service was a really great price! Answered all my questions and gave me options. Will definitely be calling them again!- Sarah J
Strive is wonderful. This company is professional, explains things thoroughly and responds quickly. I appreciate a company that doesn't jump right to the most expensive fix. I feel confident when I recommend them to my friends and family.- Laura B
Timely to the second... AC working in minutes!- Rebecca M
They replaced my entire system and couldn't be happier. Great work for a great price. Thanks again!- Kevin B